I have found in my time around essential oils that one of the most common things that gets said to me is “they smell great, but what do they actually do”? That is why I decided to write this post naming five ways to use each of the 10 essential oils in the Home Essentials Kit which also happen to be doTERRA’s most popular oils and my most-used.
Frankincense Essential Oil
A favourite among many Frankincense is named the King of Oils and is also the Oil of Truth. It is the oil first used in many a situation ranging from emotional troubles to supporting the body during ill-health. With a woody and warm fragrance it’s a wonderful addition to many pure-fumes and to wear on its own. You can also learn some more in-depth information and ways to use Frankincense here.
- One drop under the tongue to calm anxious feelings and extreme sadness
- Diffuse on its own or with Balance blend to gently uplift and soothe the mind
- Add to your regular moisturiser or serum for anti-aging benefits
- Boost wound and scar healing
- Enhance meditation and focus
Lavender Essential Oil
An oil that most have at least heard of before but not necessarily in its purist form. Emotionally known for being the Oil of Communication it has benefits beyond supporting sleep. Read more on Lavender here.
- Diffuse to calm stress & anxious feelings
- Soothe and support the healing of sunburn, burns, and scars
- Massage topically with fractionated coconut oil for pains and sprains
- Apply to temples and back of the neck for migraines and headaches.
- Use aromatically to support emotional balance and to go from feeling unheard to expressed
Lemon Essential Oil
Another oil with what seems like a thousand different uses. From cleaning to supporting the mind it really works in so many ways and uses. Emotionally Lemon is the Oil of Focus and works on nourishing the mind and emotional body. I wrote a more detailed post you can read here.
- Drink in water or use in a capsule to enhance detox and lymphatic cleansing
- Do a personal inhalation (watch here) to support focus and concentration
- Use a few drops in the diffuser to uplift and energise; works really well when peppermint is added as well
- 10-15 drops with vinegar and water solution (roughly 1:4) to make your own DIY glass cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, and degreaser
- Use internally to reduce inflammation within the body
Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano is a herb used in cooking all over the globe, the oil has many additional benefits. This powerful and potent essential oil is used in tiny amounts for full impact. It even packs a punch emotionally, being the Oil of Humility & Non-Attachment.
- Flavour food with 1 drop for a multi-level flavoured dish
- Dilute with a carrier oil in massage to reduce inflammation and especially in the joints and is also great when taken internally to reduce inflammation, read more here
- Use with On Guard blend to boost the immune system
- Get rid of warts by topically using one drop daily for 2-3 weeks on the wart
- Gargle 1 drop with water to support throat health
Peppermint Essential Oil
A scent most of us know from chewing gum to toothpaste, Peppermint has many more benefits then simply freshening the breath. Emotionally it is known as the Oil of a Buoyant Heart and is powerful to use during times of unbearable pain and intense sadness.
- Use in a diffuser or personal inhalation to increase alertness and feeling more awake
- Mix with water and spritz on the skin to cool during fevers, hot flashes and after-sun care; for a more detailed DIY read this post here
- Dilute and use under the nose to reduce cravings
- Invigorates the lungs
- Diffuse to calm the stomach and reduce head tension
Tea Tree / Melaleuca Essential Oil
Sourced from Australia and used for centuries by Aborigines for colds and illnesses, Tea Tree is a perfect addition to any oily first-aid kit. Emotionally it is the Oil of Energetic Boundaries and is used to clear negative energetic baggage as well as physical ones like microorganisms and parasites in the physical body.
- Add to shampoo or hair rinse to nourish the scalp and get rid of dandruff
- Reduce candida on and in the body by taking internally in a capsule
- Reduce acne and inflammation of the skin by diluting with your regular skincare or using as a spot treatment; see how I use it here
- Calm rashes by diluted topical application
- Rub on the bone behind the ear to soothe ear discomfort
Easy Air Essential Oil Blend
This blend is also named as dōTERRA’s respiration blend and emotionally known as the Oil of Breath. Great for all situations involving the breath and steady breathing. Best used in a diffuser, in personal inhalations or diluted and applied topically to the chest and bottoms of feet. Also beautifully used in yoga practice, read more here.
- Open the chest space for deeper breathing
- Nourish the lungs and sinuses
- Decrease seasonal respiratory discomfort
- Support healthy and restful breathing overnight
- In times of grief, despair and distrust
DigestZen Essential Oil Blend
Named as dōTERRA’s digestive blend and emotionally as the Oil of Digestion. Benefits of this oil can be felt physically and emotionally needing support in the digestion process.
- Reduce bloating, gas and nausea
- Soothe reflux and indigestion
- Use in a personal inhalation to remedy motion and travel sickness
- 1-2 drops with fractionated coconut oil in a clockwise stomach massage for constipation and diarrhoea
- Dilute and apply to bridge of the nose for sinus issues
So there is some of my favourite ways to use my tried and true favourite essential oils. I have found that the more you use essential oils the more you learn how to use them and what they can be good for. Everyone does need a starting place though which is why the Home Essentials Kit is so amazing. It really covers all the bases and work so beautifully together while also providing $120 savings below the wholesale price.
If you would like to read more on why I choose dōTERRA essential oils I wrote a post here. To learn more about the amazing benefits of a wholesale account or want to learn the most intelligent way to purchase essential oils send me a message through facebook or email me at email@example.com I always love chatting about oils and empowering others to improve their physical and emotional health.
Alternatively if you are ready to invest in your health and wellness now you can open your account directly from www.mydoterra.com/debrabros – my sponser ID is 3482052. Select the Join & Save tab and the wholesale account option. Select “ship from Australia” and “local OTG order”. Enter your details, only the ones with a * are necessary. Select the kit of your choice and enjoy your oils!